Re: [News] Windows Vista Will Wipe Linux Partitions

AZ Nomad wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 17:55:05 -0400, Stuart Krivis <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:10:27 -0500, Erik Funkenbusch
>><erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>It's not an innocent mistake, it's very deliberate.  And there's a damn
>>>good reason for it too.  Microsoft has no responsibility to maintain the
>>>proper boot sector for other OS's.  Period.
>>>

>>It's a case of MS saying "all your hardware are belong to us."
>
>>They have a responsibility not to trash the user's data. If there is
>>another installed OS on the computer, Windows should not rewrite the
>>boot sector without telling me and thus block access to my data.
>
>>It's just one more example of MS's screw the customer attitude. They
>>think they can do whatever they want and we'll still line up and hand
>>over all our money.
>
> The boot sector doesn't contain any data and if you're not totally
> incompetant, you can reset in under 5 minutes.

99% of people *are* totally incompetent. Just read the posts of the windows
users here in cola.

Additionally, several of those cretins claim that because you can buy linux
pre-installed from some companies, MS is not to be considered a monopoly.

Well, lets assume some "incompetent user" by sheer luck, some voodoo
incantations and who knows what else got hold of such a mythical machine.
Now he decides he wants to add some windows to it....

--
A fool-proof method for sculpting an elephant:
first, get a huge block of marble; then you chip