Re: PCLinuxOS .93 Big Daddy? "The Full Monty", Says TuxMachines.org

__/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Wednesday 23 August 2006 22:07 \__

>> Speed issues in OpenOffice have become a myth. People run OpenOffice on
>> Windows and compare that against Microsoft Office, which preloads
>> libraries.
>
>     I recently tried OpenOffice on my new computer (I haven't bought an
> Microsoft Office license for it yet, and I'm hoping to avoid to), and it
> was "fast enough for me".
>
>     That said, I'm pretty sure OO does preloading too. I have a little icon
> in my system tray called "OpenOffice fast start" or something like that.

This must be new. I was using (on rare occasions) OO 1 and 1.1 at work and a
beta of 2 at home. I never noticed that. Maybe it's Windows-only, as well as
a new feature.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Microsof(fshore)t Window(ntime)s Vista(gnating)
  9:20am  up 34 days 21:35,  9 users,  load average: 1.91, 1.01, 0.79