Re: Money Does Not Buy Good Code

Hadron Quark wrote:

> "billwg" <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> The FBI's Upgrade That Wasn't
>>>
>>> $170 Million Bought an Unusable Computer System
>>>

>> Not bad code, roy boy, it was poor architecture.  But that's what
>> happens when a lot of techies just start coding without effective
>> product guidance.
>>

> What on earth did that post have to do with Linux advocacy? Sounded more
> like the US Government not doing due diligence before & during a
> critical and expensive SW project to me. Platform neutral.

Who knows and who cares? It was worth the time to read. It's amazing what
goes on around us. I often wonder, what does a guy have to do, to just get
a few percent of the contract? Imagine woking as a contract programmer for
a few percent... who cares if it works or not...

Truly amazing.

--

Jerry McBride