Re: Java Faster on Linux Than on Windows

  • Subject: Re: Java Faster on Linux Than on Windows
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:41:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 14 August 2006 15:30 \__

>> Don't get me wrong, probably half the conspiracy theories involving
>> Microsoft are right.

> What about the other half? [sarcasm /]

There's no conspiracy; only the blatant truth - that Microsoft
continues to embrace, extend and extinguish everything it possibly
can, in order to exterminate everything that is not Microsoft.

Java runs on Windows; there was never any justifiable need for .NET.

OpenGL runs on Windows; there was never any justifiable need for
DirectX.

Microsoft pushed those technologies in order to tie people to
proprietary systems exclusive to Windows, thus attempting to shut out
other organisations and companies that promote Open Standards, and
they're still pushing. They succeed by brute force monopolistic
tactics, not by innovation. The nearest Microsoft ever gets to
innovation, is going on a shopping spree for hapless start-up
companies, and adding their biological and technological
distinctiveness to the collective. Then the mindless drones plod
around scratching their heads wondering what to do with all that
"alien" code. No wonder Microsoft software is falling apart at the
seems, most of it isn't even theirs ... they need to poach staff from
other companies to even begin to understand it.

Meanwhile the rest of the industry is expected to follow the Queen
Borg without question, leaving proponents of Open Standards to fumble
around in the dark trying to hack into the dark mysteries of NTFS and
DirectX, or implement "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" technologies
like Mono.

The .Net Vs Java issue is not much of a problem ... currently, but the
DirectX issue most certainly is. It's hard enough finding commercial
games developers willing to support Linux as it is, but take away
OpenGL by making games development a "DirectX only" proposition, and
the future looks bleak for Linux gaming.

Microsoft are a bunch of evil bastards, and I hope they suffer an
E.L.E. (Enron Level Event).

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
 22:39:58 up 65 days, 22:56,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00