Re: Windows Site Recommends (Ubuntu) Linux

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 14:13 \__
>
>> __/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 11:00 \__

>>> I agree.  Roy posted a link to linuxextremist above, who once again
>>> uses i.e. when he means e.g.   I was tempted to complain but didn't.
>>> Spelling is generally atrocious.  Since I agree with you, does that
>>> mean I'm right?
>>
>> IIRC, I was about to warn you in the OP, but I then backspaced and wrote
>> the bit about Manchester instead. My English isn't perfect either and I
>> don't proofread.
>
> Addendum: I often believe that inane/poorly-phrased posts from those who
> recommend Linux come to prove that the entry barrier is lowered. This serves
> as proof that Linux has become easy to use and there is rarely a valid
> excuse to fearing it. I am helping a friend of mine who is 77 go past that
> mental barrier at the moment. He thinks about moving to Ubuntu and he has no
> background in technology.

It's an interesting argument, and certainly an aspect which advertisers
have been working on for some time here.

Do not permit a woman to ask forgiveness, for that is only the first
step.  The second is justification of herself by accusation of you.
		-- DeGourmont