Re: Windows Site Recommends (Ubuntu) Linux

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 14:13 \__

> __/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 22 August 2006 11:00 \__
>
>>> Nice article except that it reads like it was written by a 6 year old.
>>>
>>> "your" != "You're"
>>>
>>> Plus try to learn the basics of punctuation, maybe?
>>
>> I agree.  Roy posted a link to linuxextremist above, who once again
>> uses i.e. when he means e.g.   I was tempted to complain but didn't.
>> Spelling is generally atrocious.  Since I agree with you, does that
>> mean I'm right?
>
> IIRC, I was about to warn you in the OP, but I then backspaced and wrote
> the bit about Manchester instead. My English isn't perfect either and I
> don't proofread.

Addendum: I often believe that inane/poorly-phrased posts from those who
recommend Linux come to prove that the entry barrier is lowered. This serves
as proof that Linux has become easy to use and there is rarely a valid
excuse to fearing it. I am helping a friend of mine who is 77 go past that
mental barrier at the moment. He thinks about moving to Ubuntu and he has no
background in technology.