Re: [News] Windows Runs Rail System, Disrupts Operation

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows Runs Rail System, Disrupts Operation
  • From: "John A. Bailo" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:23:25 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> I had a worse exprience last month. Also London. I even blogged it.
>
> http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/07/18/train-reboot/
>
> In this case, the /BRAKES/ did not work! The train needed a reboot.

This is a regular experience on the Metro buses here in Seattle.   They will
lose functionality, as in the case three weeks ago when I was taking one of
their brand new hydrid (diesel & electric) buses to the Mariners game.   It
was very hot and I noticed the A/C wasn't on...I asked the driver and she
said "oh, yeah", but could not switch it on.

Pull over to curb.  Shut everything down.   Wait a few minutes (CPU to
cool?).   Start. Reboot.  A/C up and running.

--
Texeme Construct