Re: Music Files Stored on NTFS

  • Subject: Re: Music Files Stored on NTFS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:42:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [ nikoli ] on Monday 21 August 2006 15:00 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ nikoli ] on Monday 21 August 2006 06:45 \__

>> > Well I don't know what it was but I just did an oline update and
>> > rebooted. Now everything is working VERY well. I would love to see what
>> > this thing can do with a gig or two of RAM!
>>
>> Interesting coincidence: This morning I had some problem with AmaroK,
>> again. I woke up and AmaroK was 'fried'. Restart AmaroK and it hogs
>> resources. Restarting KDE did not help. Start YaST and it will take ages
>> to get going. Rebooting the box and everything was resolved. This
>> afternoon, to make matters worse, AmaroK's volume control was b0rked (not
>> having an effect, i.e. on/mute). I didn't try restarting arts, but I did
>> try the aNode engine to no avail. Then, restarted KDE, but also no good. I
>> needed to reboot to resolve this. It's very strange that AmaroK misbehaves
>> more than it used to (initially, this box had a fine uptime of 150 days
>> and needed to be reboot to revive the pilot daemon after that long period
>> of time). That version 1.2 of AmaroK should still be considered a beta and
>> not be included with SUSE. XMMS is rock solid. Not enough function
>> though...
>
> Weird... I wonder if this could all be traced back to amarok? Either
> way I have to say that going back to XMMS would be somewhat painful as
> it seems lightyears behind amarok :^(

Definitely. I forgot to mention in my last point that the behaviour mentioned
only recurred twice (in a year). This happened last month as well. At least
I now know how to resolve it: Reboot immediately.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Wintendo O/S: which virus do fancy today?
Tasks: 120 total,   2 running, 116 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie