Re: My page rank is 4,

  • Subject: Re: My page rank is 4,
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:45:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ canadafred ] on Sunday 20 August 2006 13:50 \__

> manish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hi webmasters,
>> I am web designer, I designed my own web site, www.cre8ivemind.com 3-4
>> months back, last month i got my google page rank 4, but there no page
>> from my site indexing in google, i am using google site map also,
>> Can anyone help me,
>>

> Doesn't sound like anything abnormal to me.

I beg to differ. With PageRank 4 I'd expect it to be indexed within a couple
of weeks. If the age of the site is 3-4 months, one wonders when it was
crawled for the first time.

I found something rather mind-boggling the other day. YouTube has PageRank 5
despite being one of the busiest hubs on the Web. I know that the number of
pages dilutes PageRank, but I think YouTube is a fine demonstartion of how
meaningless and deceiving front page PageRank can be. Alexa rank for sites
that fall below 10,000 likewise...