Re: [News] British Government Wants Source Code, Not Binary Blobs

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Sunday 10 December 2006 12:56 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <vibt44-8ef.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> The saga returns.
>>>
>>> U.S. Refuses to Hand Over Fighter Source Code to UK
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>
>> Sending money to the US for these things is daft.
>
> The money spent on arms is obscene and immoral IMHO. Why the UK
> continues to pretend it is a major military power only hurts its
> citizens. Trident was an obscenity when they ordered it. Now they want
> to order a replacement. So much for the non-proliferation treaty.
> Why shouldn't other nations crave for nuclear weapons when those who
> have them do next to nothing to reduce their nuclear capability?

Precisely. Only by disarmament can you persuade others to do the same. To
take this on topic, what example does Microsoft give the industry by lining
up 'junk' patent applications like cannonballs? It's wasteful. It's
pointless. It's a cold war. The reviewers should not spend time on these
applications as nobody benefits.

To reduce the world's problems, I think it must involve natural population
deflation. The world is grossly overpopulated. The planet cannot accommodate
so much activity, especially industrial. And it gets worse as a greater
proportion of the planet wants to industrialise while the West tries to buy
some time by hindering and sabotaging this. Oil capacity aside, there are
residues. If we don't control, e.g. birth, the planet will force that
control, misfortunately in the form of natural disaster or something that
will lead to social pressure before the brink of natural disaster, most
likely a war.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz