Re: [News] BetaNews Pessimistic Over MS Zune

begin  risky.vbs
	<4034066.3DiQ10DhHS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Zune Has Too Many Issues to Compete
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The Bottom Line: I cannot in good faith recommend this product in
>| its current form to anyone also considering an iPod. Those averse
>| to Apple products and looking for a new Windows-only player should
>| definitely consider the Zune, but understand there are quite a few
>| kinks Microsoft has left to work out. All in all, the Zune is a
>| disappointment. A moral victory for Microsoft, yes. An iPod
>| killer? Absolutely not.
> `----

    Microsoft expects to sell more than one million Zune music players
    by the end of June 2007.

    A report from market research firm NPD Group showed that Zune's
    share of the US digital music player market fell to 2% and fifth
    place recently.

    Great rival Apple has sold more than 70 million iPods in the last
    five years.

    Microsoft has said it plans to invest hundreds of millions of
    dollars to develop and market the Zune, and has acknowledged that
    the investment may take years to bear fruit.

    The company has taken a similar approach with its Xbox games
    division, growing sales and credibility in the market while
    initially having limited success against competitors.

MS merely copy what true innovators do and then spend billions of
their ill gotten gains in marketing in the vein hope they will conquer
the market.

I read somewhere that the biggest game console seller this Xmas will
be the PS2!

--
I've asked time and time again for people to prove that I primarily spout
FUD. - Funkenbusch, Sat, 2 Dec 2006