Re: [News] Novell a Victim of Its Own Stupidity; Falls Short of Expectations

begin  oe_protect.scr
> ...And I doubt it will be gaining new Linux customers.
>
> Novell earnings come up short
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "Overall these are disappointing results," said Jefferies & Co.
>| analyst Katherine Egbert, citing the lower-than-expected
>| quarterly sales figure and Novell's 2007 sales outlook.
> `----
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/05/technology/bc.novell.results.reut/index.htm?section=money_technology

Problem now is that every bit of bad news for Novell will be highlighted
and attributed to this amazingly daft deal they did with Microsoft.  I
wonder if Novell can survive beyond the next 3 years.

> This isn't surprising to those who understand the deal:
>
> http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2006/11/20/microsoft-credit-suisse-raises-rating-price-target-while-cutting-ratings-on-novell-right-now-kenexa/
>
> Deals with Microsoft have this effect. Just look at that little friend called
> SCO...
>
> Novell move could kill SCO's Linux lawsuits
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| SCO shares closed Monday at $1.11, down 11 cents and 9 percent
>| from last Friday's trading. The company's stock has been in
>| freefall since Kimball's ruling, dropping from $2.40 per share.
>| SCO stock had traded above $4.50 before Wells' earlier decision
>| in June.
> `----
>
> http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4780028
>
> victim kills victim. Microsoft has got the two companies fighting each other
> to death. SCO with the Linux lawsuits and Novell wasting its money on
> lawyers.

I've always considered statesmen to be more expendable than soldiers.