Re: [News] Review of Pardus Linux

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 04 December 2006 07:39 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Geico Caveman <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Mark Kent wrote:
>>
>>> begin  oe_protect.scr
>>> Geico Caveman <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Doesn't it say a "Turkish distribution"?   You seem to be confusing the
>>> url of the host machine with the article - brain check?
>>>

>> I responded to the OP's comment :
>>
>> "Prepare for massive Linux adoption in Turkey and Pakistan."
>>
>> Since you claim to have a functioning brain,
>
> Really?  Where did I claim that?
>
>> maybe you could interpret it
>> for the rest of us, given the context.
>
> I presumed it was a typo.  Does your brain register typos?

I wasn't suggesting that the lanauages (locales) are common. It's just that
in the.. errrrmmm... the more Muslim world (I'm careful what I say about
Turkey here), Linux is perceived as the way out of American domination...
this morning I saw that the Iranian government is pushing further into Linux
use... Pakistan is interested in the OLPC project... Turkey wants it in the
government... anyhoo, sorry to have caused all that fuss.

There are other Muslim countries that are increasingly finding themselves
fascinated by the world that's opened thanks to FLOSS. To them, independence
seems to be a prominent factor to weigh in their decsion...... Can't say the
same about Bill's boyfriends (certain leaders I won't name).

Best wishes,

Foo bar. Crash.
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S