Re: Schestowitz is Beyond a Joke

Ian Semmel wrote:

> On 12/12/06, 76 of 86 topics posted came from this character.
>
> Not one post was original, just stuff ripped off from rss feeds and other
> news groups. Most replies to these articles come from his sycophantic bum
> chums and are along the vein of "Gee you're smart, Roy" to which he
> replies "Yes, I am, and so are you". This continues to some sickening
> level.

I must be one of those bum chums you mentioned. I have never seen Roy's bum.

I also can't say that I ever comment or even mention Roy when I respond to
one of his posts. In fact I tend not to think of him at all, I'm thinking
of the item I'm responding to.

I do agree that 70+ posts is far too many. He said he would be reducing them
and I think that he should.

Much better I think to seek out the more controvertial (argument generating)
or particularly interesting news items and use those rather than
copy-n-paste everything online that has the word linux in it.

We all already have our own favourite news sources online, we don't need all
of those repeated.

> I've got no idea who Roy Schestowitz is, but he obviously has some sort of
> personality disorder that demands he see his name on the internet.

No, I believe it is genuine Linux advocacy plus he enjoys seeking out the
items, a bit of a hobby. All that is wrong with it is the quantity.

Roy, how about a 40 post limit, except in replies when of cause it is
unlimited.

> Put a sock in it, Schestowitz.

He can't, I've won his left sock off him in many an online bet.