Re: [News] WGA-type Validation Could Give Rise to Vista Trojans

  • Subject: Re: [News] WGA-type Validation Could Give Rise to Vista Trojans
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:16:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
> Windows Trojan masquerades as Vista hack
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| A supposed Windows Vista crack called Windows Vista All Versions
>| Activation 21.11.06 is reportedly doing the rounds, offering those
>| tempted by the chance of sticking it to Microsoft the ability to
>| install illegal versions of Windows Vista.
>|
>| However, the software is not a Windows Vista crack and pirates get
>| something they didn't expect - installation of a Trojan called
>| PSW.Win32.LdPinch.aze - something with a "high" threat level.
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/12/06/windows_vista_trojan/

This is scary, but it does show just how much customers detest what
their supplier is doing to them, that they're actually prepared to take
this kind of risk in order to free themselves from the restrictions they
clearly do not agree with.

A better informed customer would be installing ubuntu, I think.

Honk if you hate bumper stickers that say "Honk if ..."