Re: [News] Open Source Introduced in Malaysia, Gains More Acceptance

__/ [ Snit ] on Friday 29 December 2006 18:32 \__

> "John A. Bailo" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> stated in post
> ebqdnRDFVOGvwQjYnZ2dnUVZ_rXinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on 12/29/06 11:19 AM:

>> Is Quicken open source?
>>
> No.  Nor is it likely to ever be.
>
> Why do you ask?

Just look at the types who develop and embrace Quicken, Forbes, The Street,
Financial Times, etc. They perceive technology as stocks and their
accompanying financial value (I see this every day as I browse through many
dozens of financial articles). They could not care less about innovation,
technical merits (including efficiency), fare/balanced market... in fact,
this whole thing reminds me of people who, much like a certain president,
talk about "The Google" and "The Internets".

Perspective matters. A lot.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
  7:00pm  up 72 days  5:14,  6 users,  load average: 0.75, 0.57, 0.57