Re: COLA Stats Xmas eve 2006

__/ [ Linonut ] on Friday 29 December 2006 00:11 \__

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/d15e2c554d331322?dmode=source&hl=en

>> Happy Holidays
>
> Wazzamatta?  Didn't ya get your freebie?
>
>    http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS4598924090.html
>
>    Want to know why Microsoft has so many people saying good things
>    about it, despite endless security problems, high-prices, product
>    lock-in, and a big-brother attitude towards using their products?
>    They bribe people.
>
>    Microsoft blogger Long Zheng tells us that he and many other
>    bloggers, from the "A-list to Z-list," received an early Christmas
>    present: Acer's Ferrari laptops.

Earlier this month:

INQhack survives Vistability test in Volesville

,----[ Quote ]
| The Vole (Microsoft) supposedly invited The INQ over for tea because
| we are notorious "Microsoft doubters" - and we were accompanied by
| other supposed Vole doubters such as the folk from lifehacker and
| a very nice man from Slashdot, as well as some Microsoft MvPs.

Microsoft desperately wants my love -- and yours

,----[ Quote ]
| I spent December seventh, eighth, and ninth in Seattle as Microsoft's
| guest. Microsoft flew me there from Florida at its expense, put me up
| in a nice hotel, provided decent food, and comped me and four other
| invitees to this "special conference" with presentations about the
| marvels of Vista and other recent or upcoming Microsoft products. They
| didn't quite play the old Beatles song "Love Me Do" in the background,
| but it was the event's unstated theme.

I also read about Microsoft FedExing freebies such as bags last week. They
sure get around. People would feel guilty criticising Microsoft after
receiving presents. If this doesn't buy flattering reviews, it does, at the
very least, serve as silence money.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | if ("if"=inv("fi")) print("foo/bar")
Mem:    514480k total,   482568k used,    31912k free,    15044k buffers