Re: can not conect to wi-fi connection

__/ [ Bob Hauck ] on Thursday 28 December 2006 19:16 \__

> On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 21:20:44 -0500, flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Translation: If you google it, you will discover legions of people are
>> having / have had and will have problems with wireless and Linux.  You
>> might just discover what a kludge, depending upon chipset, wireless is
>> under Linux.
>
> It is only a kludge because many manufacturers do not bother to support
> Linux properly.  They have various bogus reasons for this that we know
> they are bogus since there is decent support for the Intel chips.  It is
> not a problem with the design or implementation of Linux, only with the
> vendors.
>
> So, if you have a choice, use Intel.  If not, many other chips can be
> made to work with some effort.  If the anyone wants help with that, they
> should ask in the appropriate fora.

The other option is to just get Linux preinstalled (for cheap). Of course, in
reality, this might be difficult.

Microsoft 'killed Dell Linux' - States

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/03/19/microsoft_killed_dell_linux_states/

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: does exactly what it says on the tin
Swap:  1036184k total,   403300k used,   632884k free,    45912k cached