Re: [News] No Vapourware from Linux This Year

On 2006-12-27, Larry S. Smith <qwerty@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy the Liar wrote:
>>                http://digg.com/software/WinFS_is_Dead
>
> ! Warning: The Content in this Article May be Inaccurate
> Readers have reported that this story contains information that may not be
> accurate.

>From the source: http://blogs.msdn.com/winfs/

---------------------------

Is WinFS dead?
Yes and No. Yes, we are not going to ship WinFS as a separate,
monolithic software component. But the answer is also No - the vision
remains alive and we are moving the technology forward. A lot of the
technology really was database stuff and were putting that
into SQL and ADO. But some of the technology, especially the end user
value points, are not ready, and were going to continue to work on
that in incubation. Some or all of these technologies may be used by
other Microsoft products going forward.

So, WinFS is not going to ship, but the devs are still playing with it.
In my book it's still very close to vapourware status.

--
Beware of the man who denounces women writers; his penis is tiny and he
cannot spell.

http://www.websterscafe.com