[News] No Vapourware from Linux This Year

Vaporware '06: Return of the King

,----[ Quote ]
| 8. The "IPod Killer"
|
| Every time we hear about a new portable audio device, it's touted
| as the magic bullet that will end the iPod's reign once and for
| all.
|
| Oh, you mean that thing? The one with the ugly design and clunky
| user interface? Does it at least work with iTunes?
|
| Microsoft's Zune was supposed to do the trick, but it's sitting
| on the shelves (even the SanDisk Sansa is selling better than Zune)w
| hile the kids are all enjoying their freshly unwrapped, shiny new
| iPods.
|
| Note to everyone: It's a White Wire World. Get over it.
`----

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,72350-1.html?tw=wn_story_page_next1

Related:

WinFS is Dead

,----[ Quote ]
| The official word from the dev team is that WinFS will no longer be
| developed as a relational filesystem, and all future betas are cancelled.
`----

                http://digg.com/software/WinFS_is_Dead

Among many more major features that were dropped from Service Pack 3 beta.