Re: subliminal fud ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Wednesday 27 December 2006 13:46 \__

> Dec 27 2006 12:43 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Virtualization is making obsolete the notion of
>> having one big monolithic operating system ..
>
> Given the low cost of x86 hardware I can't see the huge benefits here.
> Is this a case of  'new' VM washes whiter than 'old' whatever. The same
> with dual/quad cores. Who cares except for the chip sellers. Now if
> only they could innovate away, spam, viruses and page violations.

Posted a short while ago.

http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-December/010122.html

SPAM is causing the blogsphere a lot of trouble (and costing money) this
Christmas.

More on SPAM:

http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-December/010123.html

Everyone suffers. The Web is getting clogged up because of botnets. It is
/NOT/ just E-mail. The numbers are phenomenal. Biblical scales...