Re: [News] PC Magazine: Perfect PC Has Linux Installed

B Gruff wrote:
> On Saturday 23 December 2006 12:01 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> The Perfect PC 2007
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> The operating system. The machine has to dual-boot Windows Vista and
>>> Linux. You can choose your own favorite Linux distro.
>> `----

> "The machine has to dual-boot Windows Vista and Linux"
> Why does it need to dual boot Vista?

So their entire life's collection of software, documents, apps, and games
doesn't go to waste.

And notice Dvorak didn't specify the latest and greatest soundcard -
Creative X-Fi - probably because it won't produce any sound under Linux.  He
conveniently "forgot" about that little fact, so he didn't even mention
sound.  And I notice none of the cola "advocates" did, either.

> "You can choose your own favorite Linux distro"
> Yes - that's generally the case - *distro(s)* in fact

Which of the hundreds is your favorite?  How did you find it?  How is a
Linux newbie supposed to find it?

Is all that wasted time not worth anything to you?

> "The OS needs to incorporate Windows Media Center Edition software"
> What on Earth for?

So they're not stuck with Amarok or whatever is the OSS "multimedia" (cr)app
of the day.