Re: [News] [Op-Ed] Microsoft Wants to Own Everything, Even GNU/Linux

__/ [ Maverick ] on Saturday 23 December 2006 06:34 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Maverick ] on Friday 22 December 2006 23:58 \__

>>>Linux must be Microsofts next operating system then.
>>

>> A fast lane to Singularity? BSD/Linux with Wine and without GNU tools?
>>

> Oh, I'm sure Ballmer will figure it out somehow.

He's a businessman, not a technical guy like Gates and Allchin. All he can do
is shout "marketers, marketers, marketers"... or "advertisers, advertisers,
advertisers"... even "bloggers, bloggers, bloggers" (they are currently
buying people from the Open Source world as well, which is scary) and
"shills, astroturfers, Munchkins". I am quite serious about this... as a
businessman, Ballmer sees opportunity in the form of marketing (assuming
that best product does not always win, based on history's lessons). He
doesn't see technical merit as much of a priority. Never have. All these
scare tactic with the OEM's are marketing pushed to (probably illegal)
extremity. How could he thrive within this government that turned a blind
eye and force governments overseas to comply in order to interoperate (using
closed formats/protocols).

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
roy      pts/4                         Thu Dec 21 17:27 - 17:30  (00:03)