Re: [News] [Op-Ed] Microsoft Wants to Own Everything, Even GNU/Linux

__/ [ Maverick ] on Sunday 24 December 2006 00:04 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Maverick ] on Saturday 23 December 2006 06:34 \__

>>>Oh, I'm sure Ballmer will figure it out somehow.
>>

>> He's a businessman, not a technical guy like Gates and Allchin. All he can
>> do is shout "marketers, marketers, marketers"... or "advertisers,
>> advertisers, advertisers"... even "bloggers, bloggers, bloggers" (they are
>> currently buying people from the Open Source world as well, which is
>> scary) and "shills, astroturfers, Munchkins". I am quite serious about
>> this... as a businessman, Ballmer sees opportunity in the form of
>> marketing (assuming that best product does not always win, based on
>> history's lessons). He doesn't see technical merit as much of a priority.
>> Never have. All these scare tactic with the OEM's are marketing pushed to
>> (probably illegal) extremity. How could he thrive within this government
>> that turned a blind eye and force governments overseas to comply in order
>> to interoperate (using closed formats/protocols).
>>

> Yeup.  Ballmer has spent far too much time at personal seminars.  :-))

Surely the wrong ones. He never attended Anger Management 101.

--
                        ~~ Kind greetings and happy holidays!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
Cpu(s):  21.4% user,   3.0% system,   1.0% nice,  74.6% idle