Re: Google/Linux Operating System

begin  oe_protect.scr
Ericew <ericew@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> GoogleOS II: Starring Linus Torvalds
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | However our conclusion is that the most feasible one is the 3rd scenario
>> | - a mini Linux distro, that users can very easily install and
>> | essentially makes Google/Firefox the default Internet services
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/googleos_linus_torvalds.php
>>
>> This relates to my previous post perhaps.
>
> While I would welcome such a change, I think the writer is reading far
> too much into Google's future.
>
> Specifically Google hires lots of linux geeks in order to optimize the
> google platform.  Google also has custom Motherboards and power
> supplies, it does not mean they are going into the OEM business.

Google have made very excellent progress by doing the less than
expected.  In order to determine what the next proper thing to do is,
one needs to consider what net terminating devices are going to be in
use, how they will be sourced, who will pay for them, who will own them,
and how the network will connect to them.

Some kind of bootable usb stick might well offer google an interesting
way into things, at least before bluetooth sticks become common (say).

To be beautiful is enough! if a woman can do that well who should demand
more from her?  You don't want a rose to sing.
		-- Thackeray