[News] Corelsoft (sic) Gives Precedence to 'Open' XML

Betwixt and between ODF, OO-XML, and Google, Corel discusses Wordperfect
roadmap

,----[ Quote ]
| [Corel's Richard Carriere:] "So you ask me what are we going to
| support specifically? In the Microsoft Open XML format, it will
| be the word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations. In ODF
| in the first place, it will be the word processing, and we'll
| have to assess as the customer demand evolves, when we are going
| to support ODF for the other applications.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Berlind/?p=226

Corel may be a Microsoft sockpuppet, like Novell. Proof below.

http://boycottnovell.com/2006/11/30/corel-linux-odf/