Re: Google indexing vs. search results, your advice is welcome

__/ [Borek] on Thursday 02 February 2006 20:48 \__

> On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 21:34:46 +0100, Slava <kondaks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Thank you for your comments, Roy. I did have some links pointing to my
>> site at that time, but fewer than now. For some reason, it is also much
>> more difficult to build links with Google than with Yahoo or MSN. I
>> guess it all goes back to indexing issues with Google, as these days it
>> takes in general much longer time for Google to index or re-index
>> websites.
>
> That's not like that. Google knows about your links more than it displays.
> Question about which links G diplsays is probably about third most often
> asked here. We don't know.
>
> Best,
> Borek

I read somewhere (Matt Cutts' blog possibly) that only major links used to be
displayed (maybe historically), but now it is just a sample. He re-iterated
the points that people in this newsgroup have brought up in the past.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    United States: #1 in spam export
 10:55am  up 17 days  6:11,  11 users,  load average: 0.70, 1.04, 0.81