Re: Google Crooks Steal $13B of public money

  • Subject: Re: Google Crooks Steal $13B of public money
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:45:46 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [mlw] on Friday 03 February 2006 16:05 \__

> John Bailo wrote:
>
>> http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article342636.ece
>>
>> $13bn: Amount wiped off Google shares
>> By Andrew Gumbel in Los Angeles
>>
>>  "Google's reputation as the internet phenomenon that can do no wrong took
>> a new and unprecedentedly severe battering yesterday as investors, stunned
>> by a quarterly earnings report falling far short of expectations, wiped
>> more than 12 per cent off the value of the search engine company's stock."
>
>  And how is this Google's fault?

They just weren't good enough. They didn't manage to steal content which
feeds the public with some extra funds. <sarcasm />

> Actually, it is probably a god time to buy google as most of the bad hype
> is based on coordinated attacks by Microsoft and its media puppets.

Are you suggesting that the Goobuntu, Gopera, Low-cost Google PC and the
Naspter acquisition rumours may have been spawned to act through incitement?

Or is the "I'll fscking kill google" rave a better way?

Microsoft are advertising to promote their new O/S, servers, XBox 360 and
software solutions like there's no tomorrow. This now includes the cinema
and ordinary TV channels. Deep pockets seem to help, but we are yet to see
money spent directly on mission "extinguish Google". Live software is yet
the main attempt.

> You just know when you see a lot of Microsoft ads on TV, one of rivals gets
> slammed and smeared in the news. Watch and look for it, you'll see it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/3290277.stm

Why not mention Yahoo and/or MSN...?

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
  4:30pm  up 17 days 11:46,  11 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.32, 0.36