Re: Google Index: Something Going On?

__/ [Stacey] on Monday 06 February 2006 07:44 \__

> "Borek" <m.borkowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 20:55:44 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> The number of Google referrals which I get doubled on Saturday/early
>>> Friday and this upsurge seems to stay persistent today.
>>
>> Apart from weekly fluctuations I don't see any changes here.
>
> I am with Borek I see no changes.

To be honest, I wish you /did/ see some (positive) changes. I'm really hoping
that it doesn't revert back to the old state, so I am watching my logs more
closely than before.

The only factor I can think of are the automated penalties, which were the
result of many pages accidentally being picked by Google. These tripled the
number of indexed pages almost immediately, which led to a sink in ranks. I
guess the 'embargo' is finally over. My many requests to Google (yes, they
even replied), which aimed to have these pages removed, were unsuccessful
though.

Cheers,