Re: New blog software

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Lots done in this area already. Do not attempt to re-invent the wheel. The
> GPL, on the other hand, could endow you with an excellent jumping board.

All existing blog packages suck.

WordPress sucks least, but it still sucks. I started to hack on it a few
months ago, but I got sick of how tightly it's bound to MySQL.

So I certainly won't be using an existing blog package as a spring board.

That said, there is an awful lot of Free Software out there that I do plan
on making use of -- Textile is very nice, as is SmartyPants; I've been
looking at a few of Grey's PHP scripts of which I might be able to make
use; and I might be able to use Beautifier for syntax highlighting.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Contact Me  ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact