Re: Need to Disassemble a Zire

__/ [Charles Richmond] on Sunday 19 February 2006 09:42 \__

> What type of screws hold the back on a Palm Zire??? They are
> *not* regular philips screws, but some kind of special thing.
> The jack for my charger is loose and I need to fix it.
>
> --
> +----------------------------------------------------------------+
> |   Charles and Francis Richmond     richmond at plano dot net   |

You must be taking about the hexagonal screws (seen, for example, here:
http://www.pspilot.de/pppm505/m505_02l.jpg ). You'll need to get a special
screwdriver for these. I fortunately had one at home as these are fairly
standardised. Because the screws are rather tight, there is little potential
for preparing your own screwdriver.

Hope it helps and good luck (or "happy digging"),

Roy S. Schestowitz      | HTML is for page layout, not for textual messages
 11:45am  up 2 days  0:04,  9 users,  load average: 0.62, 0.55, 0.39