Re: Wikipedia on Graphic Design

  • Subject: Re: Wikipedia on Graphic Design
  • From: Davémon <"davémon"@nospam.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:16:58 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.design.graphics
Roy Schestowitz arranged shapes to form:

> __/ [Davémon] on Monday 13 February 2006 17:37 \__
>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphic_design
>>
>> is rubbish.
>>
>> anyone wanna to help sort it out?
>
> It looks reasonable to me. Slightly incomplete, but well-structured
> nonetheless.

really? Saul Bass illustrating 'early design' makes sence? Theory before
history? Dominance of a single 'theory'? Dominance in history of western
Graphic design (why is russian constructivism religated to the bottom).

> I am personally not fond of such Wikis where you have to fight
> in order to keep your text in tact.

what, like when people hijack your thread by changing the title ;-)

> Some Wipepedians retain mirrors with
> their perspective and/or contribution, so I suppose I could dive in...
>
> What do you find inaccurate?

The tone and structure.

--

Davémon