Re: Windows windjammers killing Linux lumberjacks

__/ [Tim Smith] on Monday 20 February 2006 06:48 \__

> In article <dtbhah$1034$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have just come across this 'article' in Google News. I can't believe it
>> made it to Google News (well, actually I can, judging by some c**p they
>> typically accept). When I saw the title, I realise that somebody had
>> already
>
> Google News isn't like, say CNET, where there are humans deciding what
> news to run.  Google News is generated without human intervention, so
> they don't choose to accept or reject anything.

They choose what they aggregate. They still accept too much self-promotional
stuff, often in disguise. Yahoo News are better in that respect.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Seeing bad movies only encourages them"
  6:50am  up 2 days 19:09,  9 users,  load average: 1.89, 1.00, 0.84