Re: Zire 72 Won't Detect Card Removal/Insertion

  • Subject: Re: Zire 72 Won't Detect Card Removal/Insertion
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:40:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops
__/ [ mulciber@xxxxxxxxx ] on Wednesday 22 February 2006 01:55 \__

> Hi there
>
> I've had my Zire 72 for a few years now and it's worked just fine till
> recently.  I've noticed that it no longer detects when I insert or
> remove an SD card.   Even the SD card I normally leave in it remains
> undetected upon insertion or removal.  If I reset the unit then it
> reads the new card fine, but not before a reset.  Any ideas why and how
> to fix it?
>
> Thanks
>
> -V

Are you running any hacks on your Palm? Have you installed any software which
intervenes with the core? Judging by 'reset as a solution', there's no
symptom to suggest a hardware fault or interference such as the accumulation
of dust in the slot.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Useless fact: Women blink twice as much as men
  9:35am  up 4 days 21:54,  8 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.73, 0.79