Re: SOLVED Re: Kpilot won't grab data from Palm Pilot

  • Subject: Re: SOLVED Re: Kpilot won't grab data from Palm Pilot
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:10:18 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [ANC] on Tuesday 21 February 2006 06:53 \__

> ANC wrote:
>
>> Isn't Kpilot supposed to sync both the Palm and the PC. Well, if I make a
>> change in KAddressbook it flows down to the Palm at hot-sync with Kpilot,
>> but any changes done to an address entered on the Palm (Zire 21) never
>> flows up to the KAddressbook.
>>
>> I get one-way only. Shouldn't this be 2-ways?
>>
>> What am I missing here?
>>
>> Al
>
> Solved: You have to set the Palm DOC conduit in Kpilot settings for data to
> flow both ways.
>
> Al

I sometimes become aware of a similar behaviour under SuSE 9.3. The way to
solve this (in my case) is to encourage data to flow in the required
direction by choosing "Copy Handheld to PC" or vice versa ever now and then.
it's in the KPilot front end. This assumes that the user does not make
changes on both ends. I only ever add a few memos from the PC-side by
putting them in ~/<path>/MyMemos. All the rest is done on the handheld, but
QuickSync, sometimes misses out a few changes that it does not pass over.

With Palm's embrace of Linux, there should hopefully be a fully-tested and
better-integrated PIM facility for Linux, which is developed and
administered by Palm and is preferably Open Source.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    /earth: file system full
  7:00am  up 3 days 19:19,  7 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.54, 0.52