Re: Increase backlink value

__/ [ John Bokma ] on Friday 24 February 2006 02:10 \__

> "Timmermans" <steventimmermans@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I was wondering, I have several backlinks with little value today in
>> the hope they will gain and therefore tranfer more value in the
>> future.  But let's say I have a backlink with PR1 and I return a link
>> to it that has PR4 or higher... would I increase (however little it
>> is) the value of my own backlink that way?  Would that not create a
>> vicious circle somehow if backlinks gain value from your own links
>> passing increased value that in turn would be passed again trough the
>> same link and so on?
>
> No there is IIRC a dampening factor that prevent that, otherwise I would
> have a PR of 10000 :-D.

Links lose 'energy' when the crawler travels, so although you could lead the
page in question to inherit a PR2 or PR3, it would never intensify your own
page further. Values get /distributed/ and they require intervention from
the /outside/ to ever accumulate more 'energy'. It's like the car that uses
dynamo to motor itself. I once spoke to a retired friend who thought he
could achieve it. *LOL*

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  4:45am  up 6 days 17:04,  8 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.65, 0.55