"If you build it, they will come"

http://www.techworld.com/applications/features/index.cfm?FeatureID=2278

February 24, 06
Desktop Linux: If we build it, will they come?
Only now does the Linux desktop seem to be approaching the tipping point.

By Dave Rosenberg, OSDL

Linux has made major inroads on servers and in data centres running both
open-source and proprietary applications on millions of computers worldwide.
We've recently seen the rise of Linux on mobile devices. But the Linux
desktop remains elusive. We know it's out there, but it only now seems to be
approaching the tipping point.