Re: invisible gif and PR

__/ [ Els ] on Saturday 25 February 2006 17:50 \__

> William Tasso wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz [snip] said:
>>> __/ [ David Dorward ] on Saturday 25 February 2006 11:29 \__

>>> I can think of exceptions where a site is made indexable for local search
>>> (e.g. phpdig) to traverse it better. It's a very rare exception though.
>>
>> another is "skip [navigation] to content"
>
> Which is not rare at all. I'd expect Google to see the difference
> between a link to another page or website, and a link going to an
> anchor on the same page though. Too easy to distinguish.

Such links needn't be followed. If a page links to itself, that's absolutely
fine. I don't believe search engines ever ban sites before careful judgement
by the eye.

Roy S. Schestowitz
  1:05am  up 8 days 13:24,  9 users,  load average: 0.31, 0.67, 1.22