Re: Foreign Search Engines?

__/ [ Clint ] on Tuesday 28 February 2006 16:53 \__

> I am currently getting some of my website pages translated into Japanese
> and
> German.  I know that if I type in my domain, the website does currently
> show
> up on Japanese and German versions of Yahoo and Google.  Once the Japanese
> and German pages are up (on the same domain as my English language
> website), do I still have to submit to the foreign Yahoo and Google SE's?
>
> Clint

How do you determind the language of your front page? IP addresses? User
choice? JavaScript (or *cough* VBScript)? Server-side methods like PHP?
Depending on how you do this, this may be visible to the search engines that
would, in turn, index accordingly...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I think I think, therefore I think I am"
  4:50pm  up 1 day 13:01,  8 users,  load average: 0.68, 0.60, 0.80