Re: Foreign Search Engines?

__/ [ Clint ] on Tuesday 28 February 2006 17:42 \__

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message > How do
> you determind the language of your front page?
>
> The current website is in English.  I'm basically just going to add
> additional pages to the site that are foreign language versions of some of
> the existing English pages.  The main English home page will have some text
> links added that will go to the foreign 'home' page (which will not really
> be the home page of the entire site but just an addition that can be used
> as
> a starting point for foreign visiters).  Such a page would probably have
> the URL something like www.mywebsite.com/indexforeign.htm
>
> So given this, would the foreign SEs still index the additional foreign
> pages automatically?
>
> Clint

If these pages reside on a so-called English-oriented domain (based on
content), I can't be entirely sure, but add the following to the top of
pages with foreign language:

This should get you listed rather immediately in search engines that focus on
one particular language.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
  5:50pm  up 1 day 14:01,  8 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.73, 0.88