Re: T3 turns on by itself... and the solution

__/ [Didier A. Depireux] on Monday 02 January 2006 03:06 \__

> My T3 started turning itself on about 10 seconds after I turned it off,
> repeatedly. Looking in the archives, it turns out this happens if you have
> a birthday reminder, and the reminder goes into the previous year. So for
> instance, I had a Jan 4th bday, with a 7-day reminder. Once I deleted that
> bday reminder, the problem went away.
>
> Weird.
>
> Didier

I think it's a common bug that was raised an issue last year. It appears to
come up on the first of January. I can't recall if Palm released a patch for
this or posted a solution in their knowledgebase. I suggest you explore the
newsgroups archives. January 1st, 2005.

Hope it helps,

Roy

PS - Somebody else in another Palm newsgroup had a problem similar to yours
today/yesterday.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
 12:30pm  up 22 days 19:41,  14 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.63, 0.60