Re: Referrere stats showing visitors, but pages not in Serps?

__/ [T.J.] on Monday 02 January 2006 16:00 \__

> For the past couple of days I have been seeing visitors
> in my referrer stats, but my page isn't in the Serps that
> the referrer stats says it is.
> I know this is usually down to data-center fluctuation,
> but even after checking all the data-centers at McDar
> I still can't find where my pages are listed.
> Is McDar behind or not listing all data-centers?
> And is anyone else noticing this?

First  of  all, do you know the referrals are from Google? To what  extent
are you sure? It sounds as though you use a pure-referral-based analysis.

I  am raising this point because you mustn't assume it's Google, not  even
if  Google accounts for >95% of your referrals (from SERP's.) I once  made
this  mistake  myself.  Unexpected terms in the log can  come  from  Yahoo
SERP's, for instance. You may sometimes neglect to look at these until the
logs point at that direction.