Re: Linux Not Good For Texas Hold 'Em

__/ [John A. Bailo] on Sunday 01 January 2006 09:17 \__

> I just won second place in a 30 person Sit 'n Go online Texas Hold 'Em
> Tournament...a kind of poker pick up game.
>
> I play at this site:
>
> <SNIPPED> Probably comment spammers

I am not sure the Web site or the background activity is relevant. The
subject line makes the newsgroups disorganised and prevents you from getting
help from the most appropriate people.

> Because they have a client that runs as a java application so I can play
> there in Linux ( I have used both Firefox and Konqueror to host the
> applet).    [There is also a more full featured desktop client that is
> Windos only.]
>
> Well, anyway, tonight, the java applet kept disconnecting about once
> every 5 minutes.   Now one else had the problem so I assume its because
> Linux can't run java right.

If you meant to say "No-one else had the problem" this means the very
opposite. It is unlikely that Linux is the cause. Your test set is of size
1. Either Java for Linux is perfect is is an utter failure if that is what
you base your hypothesis on.

> Luckily I could reconnect before they tossed me, so I went on to win $41
> dollars!

Have you started a blog yet? Trust me, it's good. It also unburdens an entire
group. *smile*

Best wishes,