Re: [OT] Bill Gate's "Charity"

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Bill Gate's "Charity"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 08:00:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [amosf (Tim Fairchild)] on Thursday 05 January 2006 05:40 \__

> mlw wrote something like:
>
>> I often think about the robber barons who give thousands or millions after
>> stealing millions or billions, it has been a historically effective
>> strategy of cleansing one's image.
>
> In bill's case it partly image, partly PR, partly his wife perhaps, and a
> lot of it is about putting money into a place where it's safe from future
> legal action perhaps... These foundations can chew a lot of maney in
> 'administration costs' at the best of times, so with bill involved it can
> only be worse...

What worries me most is that Microsoft can shortly rob the music industry,
phone industry, film industry, and satellite/cable providers from their
income.

  http://money.cnn.com/2006/01/04/technology/ces_gates/

Expect DRM. Expect no interoperability and more counter-standards formats.
Some of the money will be funnelled to charity, but the rest will reside in
Swiss bank accounts of Microsoft investors and management.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    while (sig==sig) sig=!sig;
  7:55am  up 25 days 15:06,  10 users,  load average: 0.55, 0.58, 0.53