Re: Experts: Windows Flaw Can't Wait for Microsoft Fix

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:56:29 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Criticism of Windows is much like attack of the rival rather than
> self-improvement. It is similar to locking the competition out using
> proprietary formats and undocumented communication channels, as opposed
> to innovation that compels users to stick.

criticism is criticism. it can be fair, it can be unfair. people who like
Windows should also be aware of its weaknesses. we who like Linux should
also be aware of its weaknesses. this leads to self-improvement. one
learns from the competition.

ok, no need to prolong this. I know you are right that threads that start
with pro or con comparisons often devolve into bickering and flamewars.
it's a pity since often I find the comparisons and the arguments useful
and instructive and feel these sometimes potentially fruitful
conversations get hijacked by people who are more interested in polishing
off innovative insults.

Felmon