Re: A Windows Enthusiast's View of SUSE

  • Subject: Re: A Windows Enthusiast's View of SUSE
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:49:35 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [Ixidorr Gavrielides] on Friday 06 January 2006 17:34 \__

> B Gruff bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx, wrote in message
> 27np3F1hg0pkU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>> My word - why can't WE have wintrolls like this one:-
>>
>> http://ezinearticles.com/?id=123048

I'd agree with you, but it's not truly a "Wintroll".

  "The other problem was that I hated her having a computer.

  I hated it because I constantly had to work on it. She used the computer
  for homework, instant messaging, and browsing. Every couple of months, I
  found myself removing spyware and other junk from the computer.
  Occasionally it was easier just to re-build the computer by re-installing
  ALL the software, including the operating system."

A troll is one whose purpose is to stir up anger and lead to a commotion. The
father above is a relaxed individual who only sought to live in peace and
harmony with his daughter's personal computer. SuSE was his bet.

  "I decided to consider something that I had
  never before considered. LINUX!"

Pay careful attention to the fact that he was a victim of FUD. He never dared
to do it before. Guess why? Wintrolls.

> Well, without reading from what you posted, my guess is, you wouldn't get
> the truth about the lies linux advocates would have the innocent believe.

What truth is that exactly? That Linux is secure? That it is user-friendly?
That it is stable?

Roy S. Schestowitz
  5:40pm  up 27 days  0:51,  12 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.03