Re: [OT] The Internet was created by ...

__/ [JEDIDIAH] on Friday 06 January 2006 18:54 \__

> On 2006-01-03, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> __/ [amosf (Tim Fairchild)] on Tuesday 03 January 2006 04:15 \__

>> Ironically, the first Web page was probably the very contrary to religion:
>>
>>   http://cern.ch/
>
> The internet PREDATES the web.
>
> Internet != web.
>
> Someone posting on USENET should know this much.
>
> [deletia]
>
> If you're going to rant about idiots, try not to look like
> one yourself.

I clearly stated:

  "Maybe Berners-Lee's group was also among the first to have an interlinked
  networks of documents. I doubt they were religious. As for the Internet,
  was it not technical academic institutes?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet";

Don't try to pull things out of context. Anyone in this groups knows that the
Internet predates the World Wide Web by a few decades. Implying that I do
not know this, especially using deletia, is simply disrespectful.