Re: [OT] The Internet was created by ...

__/ [amosf (Tim Fairchild)] on Tuesday 03 January 2006 04:15 \__

> Roy Culley wrote something like:
>
>> http://objectiveministries.org/shutdown/
>>
>>     Our Purpose:
>>
>>     The Internet was created by the United States of America - a
>>     Christian nation [ref. 1, 2, 3] - and should not be used to spread
>>     anti-Christian, secular, or non-Christian propaganda and
>>     hatespeech. ...

Ironically, the first Web page was probably the very contrary to religion:

  http://cern.ch/

Maybe Berners-Lee's group was also among the first to have an interlinked
networks of documents. I doubt they were religious. As for the Internet, was
it not technical academic institutes?

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Internet

>>     ...This is our Internet, and we should exercise our
>>     position as its owners and as the guardians of civilization to
>>     stop its misuse.
>>
>> Sorry for the OT post but sometimes a bit of light relief is good I
>> think. :-)
>
> Good find, I needed a laugh.

Yes, the Net is vast. There's a lot of 'junk talk' which requires just
seconds to dig. That's an amazing fact. With so many blogs, around there is
content to match just about any hypothesis one has or wishes to back.

>> Jesus: "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the
>> eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
>> (Matthew 19:24)
>
> The TV evangelists don't have that verse I think...

My reply seems serious, but it's actually quite cynical.