Re: Legal implications for our resident Microsoft employees ?

  • Subject: Re: Legal implications for our resident Microsoft employees ?
  • From: William Poaster <willpoast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:51:43 +0000
  • Desktop: KDE 3.5.0 Level "a"
  • Email: Use ROT13
  • Linux-registered-user: 305646
  • Machine: #1, Drive #1
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
  • Note: I ONLY post through Giganews
Once upon a Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:23:06 +0000 dreary, as I laboured tired &
weary, came a tapping at my door when Roy Schestowitz posted this, &
nothing more...

> __/ [William Poaster] on Tuesday 10 January 2006 12:48 \__
>
>> Once upon a Tue, 10 Jan 2006 06:23:45 -0600 dreary, as I laboured tired
>> & weary, came a tapping at my door when Linønutlinønut posted this, &
>> nothing more...
>>
>>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
>>> wisdom:

>>> Well, here in COLA we don't have Microsoft Munchkins®.
>>>
>>> We have Microsoft Buttmunches®.
>>
>> Hm...so maybe those that address the wintrolls, should start their reply
>> with something like, for example:
>>
>> On Tue xxth Jan 200x , DFS/Edwin/Santa/Larry Qualig/Funkenbusch (delete
>> which not required) the Microsoft Buttmuncher®, said/wrote:
>
> Those that address the wintrolls should be advised to stop doing so.

I agree.

> I replied to trolls when I first joined this newsgroup several months ago
> and could not discern truth from lies. They keep coming in because they
> receive an argumentative discussion. It makes them feel like they get some
> work done for their money.

Eventually they repeat the same drivel. I refused to "dance to their
tune" any longer, & ignored them for a while.

> I stopped reading these posts altogether.

I setup filters in leafnode, & binned the lot. It doesn't matter if they
morph, I still don't see them.

> It is the best method for staying out. No read, no urge. Sooner or
> later, the trolls lose interest and go back under the bridge.

As has been seen to work in other groups, but unfortunately there are some
here who *insist* on replying to the trolls every post. I'm gradually
filtering them too.

--
98% of linux problems *windows* users whine about,
emanate from somewhere between the chair and the PC.