Re: Question about Linux based PDA phones.

  • Subject: Re: Question about Linux based PDA phones.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:02:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.linux
__/ [MarkH] on Thursday 12 January 2006 06:11 \__

> Does anyone have any experience with the Motorolla E680i Cellphone?
>
> Has anyone used one for syncing contacts and appointments with a Linux PC?
>
> Alternatively does anyone have any recommendations for other Linux based
> PDA phones?

Have you looked at the Nokia 770 Internet tablet yet? It's a big seller as
recently reported[1] and a market newcomer too. It is based on Debian and is
growing rapidly in terms of development that revolves around it. I am not
sure it synchronises with one's desktop directly (over Wi-Fi probably) and
there is no personal information manager either, yet.

Keep an eye on it nonetheless. By the way, I should mention that it is not a
phone, but might be extended to have that functionality. Palm introduced the
Treo not so long ago (3/4 years?).

[1] http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/05/electric_nokia770/index%2Ehtml

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  8:55am  up 32 days 16:06,  14 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.58, 0.68